January 24th, 2019 Devon Els
Web Administrator and code assassin
Yup, this is really happening, Missing Link wants you!
Are you an out-of-the-ordinary and definitely NOT BORING web developer who won’t drown from too many anchors and drinks Java for breakfast, you may be a good fit.
As our Web Developer, you will be responsible for developing, redesigning, updating and maintaining the Missing Link website.
Primary duties include:
- Design, develop, and maintain Missing Link’s internal and external websites.
- Write, edit, and adapt existing and new website pages and content.
- Create and coordinate all visual and graphic elements of the webpage.
- Design, develop, and maintain the website’s electronic payment capabilities for Missing Link products and training events.
- Develop and maintain web form using graphical standards for file type, size, quality, and placement.
- Design intuitive web site architecture and navigation for customer ease of use.
- Research and keep abreast of new technologies and technical issues related to web design.
- Ensure web page development and content adheres to corporate policy and standards.
- Liaise with Information Technology services to ensure that all customer information applications, including software and hardware, are maintained and operating effectively.
- Design custom web applications such as surveys to interact with and obtain public information on Missing Link’s website.
NB!!!!! Proficient & very comfortable working with WordPress, PHP, Java & Github Repositories.
- A completed 2 year certificate or diploma in Communications, Information Technology, Sciences, or Commerce, and a minimum of 2 years experience designing, writing, and editing in a web and/or print environment is required.
- A working knowledge of various webpage development and desktop publishing software such as Adobe Illustrator, Front Page, and Photoshop is an asset.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with Oracle databases, XML, CSS, ASP, and SharePoint.
- Success in this position requires excellent communication skills along with the ability to design and develop information in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
If you are the CSS to our HTML then here’s how to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your subject line has to include “I am a better coder than James Gosling” and a hashtag of your favourite band.
- Include a little write up about yourself and a link to your website and past work.
You’ve got this!